Mar 24, 2009

Inspiration: Flickr and its Impact

Flickr Logo

Awesome Capture from San Francisco Magazine is an inspiring article on the wonders of Flickr and its impact on several individuals.

I wholeheartedly agree with the article--Flickr has changed my life. It's an amazing source of inspiration--mainly due to the fact that you become (sometimes instantly) integrated with a global network of creatives. It's opened my eyes to other styles and artistic techniques. Through Flickr, I've gotten the opportunity to publish my photos on other sites through networking and tagging. The stat features and the interaction with other members allow me to get a sense of what people like and which images are more popular. Looking at others' photos is also an encouragement to take better photos or create more artwork. The constant creative energy, positivity and stickiness of the site are invaluable. Thanks Flickr!!